Christmas at the Botanics
Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh - Entrance at West Gate
As a ticket agent for this event, we have now returned all tickets to the main ticket provider. To purchase tickets for this event please visit: www.rbge.org.uk/whats-on/christmas-at-the-botanics
The magical, botanical, illuminated trail
It’s the most wonderful time of the year as the treetops of Edinburgh begin to glisten and shimmer. There’s something for everyone as a one mile sparkling path winds its way through the world famous Botanics in a magical after dark experience. Following a highly successful first year, our winter trail returns with over a million twinkling lights and plenty of new things to see. Enter a world festooned with seasonal cheer as you wander beneath unique tree canopies and alongside the iconic Glasshouses drenched in Christmas colour. More information
Phone and counter service
Tickets can also be purchased over the phone on 0131 226 0004 and in person at The Fringe Box Office, 180 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1QS. The phone and counter booking services are available Monday to Friday 10:30am – 5:30pm.
Additional ticketing information
The illuminated trail is approximately 1 mile in length. Christmas at
The Botanics is designed so that it can be viewed solely from tarmac
flat paths, some interactive elements may invite the audience on to
grass where additional pedestrian matting will be provided. Staff will
be on hand to help with a moment of a particularly steep incline.
If weather conditions mean that the trail is not fully accessible for people using wheeled mobility aids, consideration will be made on a case by case basis to allow tickets to be transferred to an alternative date when the ground conditions are more appropriate.
Adverse weather plan and event cancellation
As a visitor attraction, venues operate seven days a week and therefore there is a team of key stakeholders who monitor weather conditions both in advance and on site during the days. For Christmas at... events, the weather is monitored daily both by the venue team and Christmas at... Event Team. A decision to close could be for the following reasons:
- Cold weather / ice / snow
- High winds and tree limb damage
- Driving rain - that could affect conditions under foot
The decision to close Christmas at the Botanics would be taken no later than 2pm on the day of an event, and would be taken by the on-duty Event Manager and venue Duty Manager. The event would always look to take this decision as early as possible to provide customers with information as quickly as possible.
In the event of a cancellation:
- We will send an email to each customer with cancellation notice as soon as we have been notified by the on-duty Event Manager and venue Duty Manager
- Following this a second communication will be sent to the customer as soon as possible outlining the customers options - this will depend on when in the calendar of the event the cancellation is called:
- Customer to be offered to exchange their tickets for another date, subject to availability.
- If these dates aren't suitable then a full refund can be given.